Covered California, California’s health insurance marketplace, was created as a result of the Affordable Care Act. Through Covered California, you can compare and choose health insurance plans for yourself and your family. If you have a household income between 138% and 400% of the Federal Poverty Level you may be eligible for tax credits. These tax credits reduce the amount of premiums you pay for health insurance. Learn more on the Covered California website at coveredca.com.
Covered California is available to:
• Any US citizen or legal immigrant, and
• Any income level.
You may apply for health insurance through Covered California in any of the following ways:
• ONLINE at coveredca.com
• BY PHONE to Covered California at (800) 300-1506
(Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm, and Saturday, 8am to 6pm)
• IN PERSON at a local enrollment center. Click on “Find Local Help to Enroll” on coveredca.com
Don’t miss open enrollment for Covered California! Know these important Covered California enrollment dates:
• Open Enrollment Begins November 1, 2017: You can enroll in Covered California starting November 1, 2017 for coverage beginning as early as January 1, 2018.
• Open Enrollment Ends January 31, 2018: If you do not enroll by January 31, 2018, you will not be able to purchase health insurance through Covered California until the next open enrollment period in late 2018. There are exceptions that allow for enrollment within 60 days of a life-changing event such as marriage, birth of a child, or loss of a job.
Individuals who receive employer contributions to SF City Option on their behalf may be eligible for SF Covered MRA, a program that provides subsidies to help make health insurance purchased through Covered California more affordable. Complete the SF City Option Program Finder Form to find out whether you might be eligible for SF Covered MRA.